Presentation Selling Tips
Presentation of your property is a critical factor in achieving the highest possible price.
The following is a list of attributes that will turn buyers away:
- Animal odours in the house (Tip: a good carpet clean should remove a lot of these odours)
- Evidence of damp or moisture in the walls
- Cigarette or strong food odours
- Doors, windows or gates that stick (Tip: lubricate hinges to get rid of an squeaks)
- Cracked glass (Tip: all cracked glass should be removed)
- Too much furniture or personal belongings cluttering the space (Tip: de-clutter the entire house by moving awkward pieces of furniture, toys and other belongings
- Stained carpet (Tip: a good carpet clean should assist in removing stains)
If your property has any of the above attributes we would suggest that you consider obtaining quotes to rectify the items. Often the cost of rectification of these items will be small and will not be time consuming.
We can put you in contact with relevant tradespeople and / or a property stylist if you require further assistance in this regard.
If the subject property is vacant at the time of sale, it would be our recommendation to furnish the property for the duration of the sale campaign if at all possible. Statistically a property that is furnished at the time of viewing will attract a higher market price.